Thursday, June 25, 2009

Five days and counting!

International traveler. It's taken 40 years for this label to be applied to me - other than Mexico, Canada, and the Caribbean. I get to experience a most amazing adventure with my daughter, Anna and I am beyond words!

A year ago my family had a foreign exchange student from Taiwan live with us for almost a year. Jess became an integral part of our family and thanks to the Rotary exchange student program, our family grew in size and became international. Looking back the only thing that I would change about that entire experience is to have journaled regularly.

Anna and I will be enjoying the hospitality of Jess and her family for two weeks. I'm not much of a writer, but am hoping to be diligent enough to record highlights, which I'm sure there will be plenty of! Jess' dad, Gary, commented in a recent e-mail that he is hoping that our footprints touch every part of his beautiful country.

Jess' immediate family is comprised of Gary, Pandora (mom), and Amingo (brother). There are plenty of extended family and friends that I can only assume we will be meeting. I don't know who is more excited - me and Anna, or Jess and her dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment