Thursday, July 2, 2009

Do you pray?

It was a busy first day with hiking around Lake Placid, attending a three hour rotary meeting, and grocery shopping for dinner. I'm hoping that jet lag is a thing of the past as both Anna and I had a hard time keeping our eyes open at dinner last night. Connie made a wonderful traditional meal of seafood and pork, but we were too tired to really participate.

One interesting conversation that happened last night over dinner was when Gary asked me if I pray...I stumbled my way through this as I am better at listening when it comes to religious conversations than I am at discussing. I told him that our family's tradition was to go around the dinner table and each say what we are thankful for that day. Through my stuttering and stammering I noticed that Jess was trying her hardest to keep from laughing. I wondered what she found to be so funny - maybe my struggle with trying to explain in a way that her father would understand, or maybe the struggle her dad had with following what I was saying. Actually, what she found funny was the fact that her dad had asked if I PLAY. As in play badminton.

No comments:

Post a Comment